Saturday 24 August 2013

Premiership Bets

Afternoon all,

Has been a long summer and due to numerous reasons the blog has not been as updated as much as we like. However, it is very much my intention to keep a regular post going for the football season.

Usually I like to wait a few weeks till I start advising bets - I looked around for ante-post bets but couldn't really find much I liked. There is still so much in limbo with the transfer market still open.

Anyhow, I will try and write up as best I can, sometimes bets will be placed on numbers, sometimes on my own opinion and read of a game. I would say today's best look a mix of both!

Villa vs Liverpool.
Liverpool last week was very much of the same for me. Nice passing, good movement, chance creation, but coming up against a keeper in form, but coupled with wasteful finishing and sometimes that lack of final ball. Like last year they hit moments of inconsistency. Villa on the other hand have started extremely promising, with impressive performances away to Arsenal and  Chelsea. They picked Arsenal off on the counter with ease, and they managed at times to out-fight a Chelsea side, despite being on the wrong end of a couple of decision. For me, they are back in front of their fans, who will be very buoyed by their start, and the 7/2 with Bet 365 looks far far too big for me. I can not see it lasting.

3pts Villa @ 7/2 Bet 365

Newcastle vs West Ham
I am usually loath to jump on footballing bandwagons, but one side I just can not have at all is Newcastle. The appointment of Kinnear as we know is bizarre, the players do not at all look like a side who want to play together and they are all over the shop. I am factoring in West Ham's general away form last year a bit with my staking, but they have decent pace on the counter, and will not at all be an easy side for Newcastle to face. Big Sam (who I don't particularly like) does like getting one over Newcastle, and he knows if he can stifle them early on, the unnecessarily expectant Geordie faithful will once more become a hindrance. I can see myself opposing Newcastle a few times at home.

1.5pts West Ham @ 12/5 generally

I do not really want to get too carried away just yet, but these two stick out for me. Others I did think about were opposing promoted teams at home - Norwich was one but despite a good result last week, Everton outclassed them. I am also unsure as to whether it was Chelsea taking the foot off the gas last week which allowed Hull to do ok in the second half, which means no bet there. I do not like Stoke much, every at odds-against, but again I am willing to leave that alone for now and so early on in the season.

Best of luck what you do today!

No comments:

Post a Comment