Saturday 5 October 2013

Post 2

A look at the rest of the games today and the obvious matches I think you will be thinking for me to focus on see Palace away to Liverpool and Sunderland at home to Manchester. Will I?

Fulham vs Stoke though takes my eye. Fulham are a side people know I do not like one bit, whereas I am willing to forgive Stoke their dreadful showing last time out. Hughes returns to Craven Cottage admitting this week it was a poor decision by him to quit. It turns out for me it was a worse decision by Fulham to replace him with Martin Jol, who looks so far away a good manager. He is favourite in the 'sack race' and admits the pressure in on. Stoke have looked decent on the road, where probably the expectation at home is not felt, and they can work on keeping the ball and be less direct, as Hughes is trying to do. Fulham have to make the running here, but I just cant see it, unless Stoke have another off day. You do see patterns in manager's changing styles at clubs, whereby they look fantastic one week (for Stoke see the game vs Man City at home) and then awful the next. This is purely a transitional occurrence and I'm backing Stoke at decent odds against at level ball.

1.5pts Stoke DNB @ 2.27 Pinnacle

Hull City vs Aston Villa also catches my eye a bit on the goal markets where the over 2.5 goals price looks a worthwhile bet. Villa as we know are geared up to play on the counter, which they can do more so away from home. We also all know about their defensive issues with one clean sheet in about 29 games. Hull also have scored in every home game this year, and bagged three away to Newcastle. Admittedly they have only scored one each time at home in the league, but that doesn't put me off.

1pt over 2.5 goals @ 2.44 188bet

I am going to leave both the Liverpool games and Man Utd games today though. Liverpool do look short for this, but it would be a take on for take on sake, because I just don't like Palace and I think they are really short on quality. It would also be a surprise if Holloway went and defended for 90mins, which teams that can do, but also can do this controlling the football are the sides who frustrate Liverpool. I am not sure Palace can do this, who seem a side more geared up on enthusiasm and passion rather than tactical quality. Also the Sunderland - Man U game has too many 'what-if's surrounding them. Moyes may like being away from Old Trafford as he can set up as 'solid', while Sunderland gave a good account of themselves, the quality was also lacking last week as Liverpool picked them off. I think Utd's quality, with Rooney and RVP expected to play will be the decisive factor.

Best of luck with all your bets this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment