Sunday 7 April 2013

National Review

Not as in detail as I would like to have but I want to get this done before I go away on Wednesday (to Las Vegas for the third time in three years!)

Firstly the great news from the day is the successful return of all the runners, followed by the fact we return some money on the race as well, which is nice. I have to say I watched the race with a bit of anticipation, obviously because we had money down, but also because I wanted the race to be a spectacle for fans and neutrals alike. I think we got that.

I haven't been able to watch the race back properly yet, but I really thought we had a great chance with Teaforthree as our 3pt bet. However, it wasn't to be with Auroras Encore showing the stamina by springing from the last jump to press on. Unfortunately we found one too good for us, from a horse who had shown definite glimpses of ability, but also a lot of inconsistency in the past. Cappa Bleu did stay on well whilst Teaforthree faded, despite holding on for 3rd.

Teaforthree ran a very sound race, running exactly as I think you need to in a National, ahead of the majority of the pack, jumping well and maintaining a good pace. Cappa Bleu did likewise, staying in the front few, whilst Balthazar King also looked strong on but for some reason tailed off badly when the stamina test really kicked in. I need to re-watch Roberto Goldback's run again but he was nowhere when unseating his rider. Either way, we returned the place money on our two biggest bets of the four.

Cappa Bleu 2nd, advised 2pts EW @ 12/1 (with BOG) = +4pts
Teaforthree 3rd, advised 3pts EW @ 12/1 = +6pts
Balthazar King 15th, advised 1pt EW = -2pts
Roberto Goldback, UR, advised 1pt EW = -2pts

Total on the race = +6pts.

Back soon

No comments:

Post a Comment