Saturday 4 May 2013

Saturday 4th May

So no lucky with our double bet last week. Spurs started brightly and got mightily fortuitous with their goal, but after that Wigan went on to be the better side, and were unfortunate in the way they conceded a late equaliser, which certainly puts them in real danger after the Villa result. Having said that, Spurs could have stolen it right it at the death. Liverpool though played extremely well, but against a very poor, unorganised and seemingly disinterested Newcastle side.

Anyhow, on to this weekend. I have created a new 'year' in the results column to see how we get on with these advised bets.

Looking at today in the PL, I can not really see too much that I am confident about, with a few dead rubbers around, and a few other teams with nothing to play for. Fulham-Reading falls into the former category. Fulham are safe, but have been on a very poor run themselves, whilst Reading pretty much went down with a whimper. The goals have dried up a bit for both, Fulham have scored once in their last 5 PL games whilst Reading have scored just 2 goals in the same period (including a mere consolation at Arsenal.) This poor run for them stretches further with just 4 goals in 9 games. I know Berbatov is back for the hosts, and they played out an entertaining 3-3 draw in the reverse fixture, but to me, the goal-line @ 2.75 looks a bit high. The danger is them both adopting a 'care-free' approach to the game, with both having nothing to play for, but I am happy to go against the line here. In addition to this, and possibly a small bit of insurance, I am happy to oppose Fulham as 8/11 favs here. Some teams I just do not rate as jollies, and Fulham are one of them. I think they will drift too. All things considered the advice is:

2 points on under 2.5 goals @ 2.12 188bet
1 point on Reading +0.5 @ 2.25 Pinnacle

Swansea-Man City too falls into the same category, with just a bit of pride to play for, possibly more for City, who will not want to finish even further behind United. This is a more difficult one to judge for me as I prefer City when the pressure is off, and as expected Swansea have tailed off a bit too since their Cup win. I can't really go backing much in this though.

Norwich-Villa is too tough for me to call as well, but Spurs-Soton is a tad more interesting. Spurs have been a bit poor recently, and without Bale would have been for me in a fairly lower league position. Surprisingly, they look a bit toothless, and I would go as far and say that Lennon is just as crucial to their set-up, as he provides great balance and creates plenty of space inside for others to roam. Lennon came back on last week, so I think has to start, and that sways me against opposing Spurs. Soton are a tricky side, they have looked well organised at times, and Pochettino has got them playing. However, I think more as an anomoly last week, they lost their cool a bit and were carved open by WBA. That sort of hinders in the back of my mind a bit. I did think 1/2 Spurs looked too short, but now as they drift, they are probably getting to a fairer price if it continues. I think the odds look about right.

My next bet comes in the WBA-Wigan game, and I going to be backing the latter. Wigan are one of these sides I have an affinity too when they are written off, and I think in recent games they have played quite well, without getting their just rewards. They threw it away themselves against Spurs last time out, they also played well away to West Ham, but found Jaaskelainen in good form. Despite Baggies winning very well away to Soton, I am inclined to think they will probably finish in the same position as they currently lie. They are in a bit of inconsistency too, going WDLLDW, and one side clearly has the 'motivation' factor for them. Baggies are playing with a bit of freedom though, and Lukaku does look a really good player, and can certainly cause Wigan problems. I like goals here, because of the form of the front players, and Wigan's insistence of defending abysmally.

3 points on over 3 goals @ 2.26 188bet
1 point on Wigan @ Pinnacle closing line as I think they will drift further out. 3.48 is an ok price, but we could see 3.6/7

In the late kick off I can see Arsenal controlling things and running out comfortable winners, perhaps a 0-2 or so, but no bet here, but the final bet falls on West Ham to beat a struggling, and poor Newcastle side. This is arguably the one fixture Newcastle did not want, whereby it will be a real test of character and a battle. They just don't look up for it me, and 6/5 looks a good price to get involved with on a home win. Can't see it going off this price to be honest, regardless or not in Coloccini returns after so long.

1.5 points on West Ham @ 6/5  Paddy Power.

Best of luck if you get involved today, 8.5 points staked.






No comments:

Post a Comment